Friday, December 4, 2009

Karibu Tanzania! (take off Nov 27, land Nov 28)


Link
As I've told some of you, I'll be filming in Tanzania for a few days in a documentarian capacity for the Swaddle Love Foundation. I do love all things film-making and bonus: I get to go to freakn Africa!

So here we go, Thanksgiving day I spend trying to finish up moving out of my apartment as I'll be in Africa when our official out-day comes and goes. True to form this means that I pull and all-nighter and as I am making my last run down to the new apartment I see a crazy massive hoard of people lined up in from of Best Buy...oh it is a recession black Friday after all. I get it all done (hopefully with the help from my roommate who shall be returning from Thanksgiving to some notes regarding some loose ends). Our flight is at 8am which means 6am shuttle to Newark Airport and I'm so glad my boss is not a follower of the recommended 3 hours before international flight check in rule because I am a notorious, "was that an attempt of my name on the loud speaker" kinda flyer.

OK, so Nov. 27th we fly out without a hitch, we transfer in London and pick-up David, Nov. 28th we land in Kilimanjaro. Fratern from
The Foundation For Tomorrow (TFFT) was graciously awaiting us and took us to our accomodations at the lovely Rivertrees Country Inn in Arusha, Tanzania (Boss keeps calling it Two Trees and no one is correcting her, she'll figure it out). Anyway, we all decide that we are too "shattered" (Boss is Australian) to do anything but stay at Rivertrees and I am ready to eat my camera since veggie flight meals aren't terribly filling plus I always need a steady stream. I need to say here that lunch was the most delicious Fish (Talapia) and Chips ever (and I've been to England).

After lunch, it was off to bed except that David needed to make a quick trip to the local hospital and that's what the pictures are about. I couldn't resist snapping one of the sign for the Bleeding Room (which I figure means the room where they draw blood either for testing of for donation opposed for the antiquated practice of blood letting).

No comments:

Post a Comment