Thursday, September 24, 2009

Camera's Up (shoot day 1)

We arrive on set, 5:30 AM call. This pic pretty much sums that up.

Sunrise in Boulder Mountain National Park

My first trailer!

Yay animals! there was a whole herd

On Set

The Rocky's in the distance (the white ones)

You know you really love this stuff when you are actually looking forward to a shoot even with a 5:30 AM call time. Normally, if I am up at 5:30 AM it's because I haven't gone to sleep yet so, waking up to darkness (Colorado style darkness)...very confusing.
Set was up in the mountains, very beautiful but cold for New Yorkers coming from high 70s temps, hence our Northface-ing it up between takes.

Other than the cold, things seemed to go pretty well...all I know is that we were wrapped by 1pm. Michael (dir.) was nice enough to take Trevor and I to lunch at The Sink which is located in "The Hill" area of Boulder (guess they like making proper nouns out of...ordinary nouns?). The Hill is like everything you'd imagine a Colorado collegiate area to be: longboards are the perfered method of transportation, white blonde-headed boys can dred it up with the best rastas, bongos are sounding on every corner, and yes, Bob Dylan is pumped out from the loudspeakers at various outdoor seating areas.

After lunch, T and I strolled to the downtown area which we recognized only because of the sign that said, "Downtown Boulder". I'm not knocking it, it was just way quieter than I would have thought. We went and got some tea at a cute place called "The Tridant" (see, what I mean about the nouns?) where I met Perry. Perry, was a shaved headed biker, decked out in full motorcycle leather suit (of the racing persuation opposed to Hells Angles) who sat down next to me with his tea cup and saucer. "I don't really like the cold," he says as the groan of leather comes to a rest . "Last week I had to put the liner into my bike suit! What's your name? Hi, I'm Perry." I swear, full truth. Know what else I learned? He's been riding a motorcycle for more than 20 years, I should hitchhike up to some early snow covered mountain and then ski down it cause that's much better than a chairlift, and that when it gets to 30 below zero he fully intends to sport his electric motorcycle outfit that is powered by batteries which are stored in his leather chaps.

oh Boulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment