Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Off Day

Our diggs

Getting necessary supplies at Whole Foods (I luv me a Whole Foods)



At the Humphrey-Grant Mansion (Denver)



Mads hard at work


There should be more big blue bears in the world

The lovely Imig family

Oh off-day. I only get one day's respite during this shoot and while I do love making movies, it's nice to get a break. And this was made even better because it meant that I got visit with some Bates friends (Mads, Skip and Lilly the blonde terrier). I hitched a ride in with Trevor who was shooting at a historical mansion in Dever and it worked out perfectly that Mads' work is within walking distance. Leave it to me to walk down the seediest street (Colfax I think it was?) 10 paces behind an angry and opinionated homeless man and all I could think was "I'm not in Boulder anymore."

I dropped in on Mads as she was wrapping things up at her office. Guys, she has her own office with a mountain view complete with a glass award on display. Clap, clap, clap Mads, clap, clap, clap. We drove a little around the downtown to take in some of the notables and then it was back to the Imig residence. Then it was take Lily for a walk, homemade butternut squash risotto in the best company, stroll to the local icecream stand for rediculous portion sizes and then a lift back to Gunbarrel. pretty much a perfect day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment