Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Here We Go

Heading off to LaGuardia

At Denver Airport waiting for our checked luggage

Popeye

Amy


Trevor (the other lead in the film) and I arrived in Denver last night after a more eventful flight than usual for me. We flew Frontier Air but were seated apart. I was in a middle seat with a woman prone to hysterics on my right and an elderly women who was extremely pleasant but slowwwww to my left. Right discover spilled tomato juice on some of the reading material in the seat pocket and understandably was concerned that it may have been stranger vomit. What was unnecessary was the shouting to the flight attendant that she "Better not get AIDS" and her subsequent refusals to change her seat. Left's response to all this was whispered in my ear: "I call people like her pistachios...cause their nuts." good one Left, good one.

Anyway, everything else was smooth. We are staying at the 1st AD's house in an out of the way part of Boulder called Gunbarrel (goes without saying that I would like a T-shirt) and joy of joys, she has two great dogs, Popeye and Amy. and yes, my salacious ones, we are in separate rooms.

The air smells great here and people are rediculously friendly. Case in point, stocking up at Wholefoods today, I'm grabbing some Quinoa and another customer comes skipping down the asile holding a thimble full steaming liquid and enthusiastically informs me, "Did you know that there are free samples of hot apple cider?", like it was a dream come true. Then later in the checkout line he spys me again and comes over to check and see if I had found the samples...obviously not recognizing a New Yorker's honing in abilities for free shit.

We had a loose rehearsal/read thru today and tomorrow is our first shoot day.
I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment